Vita Coco Coconut Oil has partnered with Irish food blogging sensation Indy Power of ‘The Little Green Spoon’ to create a delicious healthy recipe to help kick start your healthy eating regime this year. The very simple Cranberry Pistachio Breakfast Squares recipe makes sixteen mouth-watering squares, using the must have product of 2016, Vita Coco Coconut Oil.
Speaking about using Vita Coco Coconut Oil in her recipes Indy Power says: “I love using Vita Coco coconut oil in all my cooking, for both sweet and savoury dishes. It has so many amazing health benefits and can be used in so many ways – I use it on my hair, skin and nails as well as in my food! Its antimicrobial properties are great for digestion and it helps to prevent high cholesterol and high blood pressure as well as supporting the healthy functioning of our immune system and thyroid. It’s so easy to cook with because of its lovely subtle taste, which doesn’t over-power other flavours and because it tolerates high temperatures it’s the perfect substitute for butter and other oils when baking.”
The Cranberry Pistachio Breakfast Squares are made using honey, almond butter, deshelled pistachio, gluten free oats, desiccated coconut, dried cranberries, coarse salt and Vita Coco Coconut Oil which is organic , 100% raw, extra virgin and cold pressed.
Indy gives step by step instructions to making the perfect breakfast squares.
· 4 Tablespoons of Vita Coco Coconut
· 3 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup/Honey
· 4 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
· 1/2 Cup of Pistachios, Deshelled (75g)
· 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats (100g)
· 1/4 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (20g)
· 1/2 Cup of Dried Cranberries (75g)
· Pinch of Coarse Salt
· Preheat the oven to 180’C.
· Roughly chop the pistachios and add them to a baking sheet with the gluten free oats. Bake them at 180’C for about 8 minutes until lightly toasted, tossing once in the middle.
· While they’re cooking, roughly chop the dried cranberries and then add them to your food processor with the desiccated coconut. Add in the toasted pistachios and oats.
· Add the Vita Coco coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and salt to a small saucepan on medium heat and whisk until smooth. When the mixture is completely melted, add it to the food processor and blend until you have a crumbly paste.
· Press the mixture tightly into a small baking tin lined with parchment paper. Pop it in the fridge for about an hour to set. Slice into squares and serve.
Vita Coco Coconut Oil is ideal for cooking, adding to coffee or smoothies, spreading on toast, adding as a topping for popcorn and it can also give you a nutritional energy boost.
The Vita Coco Coconut Oil Jars are available now in Tesco and Dunnes nationwide.