Gluten Free Chocolate Indulgence
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE
350g Dark Chocolate
9 Eggs (Separated)
250g Caster Sugar
250g Ground Almonds
3/4 Cup of Cream
200g Dark Chocolate
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
225g Cream Cheese
60g White Chocolate
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbsp Cream
280g Frozen Mixed Berries
FOR THE CAKE
- Preheat Oven to 170 Degrees Centigrade.
- Line /Grease a 10″ Cake Tin.
- Melt the chocolate and butter over a bain-marie or in short bursts in the microwave.
- While this is melting separate eggs and whisk whites to soft peak.
- Once the chocolate mix is melted and smooth, whisk in the egg yolks.
- Next add the sugar, then the ground almonds. Finally gently fold in the egg whites.
- Transfer to your Cake Tin and Bake in the oven for Approx 45mins.
FOR THE GANACHE
Heat the cream in a pan. When hot add the rest of the ingredients and stir until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
FOR THE FILLING
Melt the chocolate over bain-marie or short bursts in the microwave. Meanwhile put rest of ingredients into mixer or food processor and combine. Then add the melted white chocolate.
Place Ingredients in a pot. Bring to boil, remove and allow to cool.
Once everything has cooled, slice the sponge in half and evenly spread the Cream Cheese Filling and on top of the filling add the Berry Compote. Place the other half of sponge on top of the filling and compote. Now cover the cake with the Ganache and decorate to suit the occasion. Enjoy!
Chef Simon Devine