Roast Fillet of Clare Island Salmon, Poached Organic Hens Egg, Spring Pea and Citrus Cured Salmon Broth, Colcannon Gnocchi
700g Dry Mashed Potatoes
½ tsp Salt
1 Small Beaten Egg
2 Spring Onions
100g Shredded Cooked Cabbage
400ml Fish Stock
Juice of Half a Lemon
2 Sliced Spring Onions
300g Fresh Peas
150g Finely Diced Cured Salmon
50g Chopped Dill and Chives
4 x 150g Fillets of Clare Island Salmon
4 x Poached Eggs
1. To make the gnocci, mix the flour, salt and potatoes together until incorporated.
2. Add the egg, mix through; adding the spring onions and cabbage.
3. On a lightly floured bench, roll out the gnocchi into a long sausage shaped cylinder approx 1
inch in diameter. All to rest and cut into 1 inch pieces.
4. Blanch in boiling salted water until the gnocchi rises to the surface.
5. With a slotted spoon, remove from the water and add to a pot of cool water to stop it from
6. Remove from the water and put on an oiled tray until ready to use.
7. Cook fillets of Salmon skin side down in a heat proof frying pan on a medium heat until the
skin becomes crispy. Place in a preheated oven at 190°C for 4 minutes until cooked to pink.
8. For the sauce, reduce 400ml of fish stock to 200ml. Add cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
9. Using a stick blender, blend in the butter and lemon juice.
10. Add the gnocchi, cooked peas, spring onions, cured salmon and finally herbs to the sauce
and heat through. Check seasoning and spoon mixture into bowls.
11. Reheat the poached eggs and place in the center of each bowl.
12. Remove Salmon from the oven and place on top of the poached egg and serve.
Enjoy a 3 Course Meal for Two for Only €60 in Oliver’s Award Winning Restaurant Bon Appetit, Malahide, click here to view full offer.