Pan Seared Hake with a chorizo crust, crushed potato, cocoa bean puree, chorizo and cocoa bean emulsion.
Pierre’s special dish is both healthy and delicious. Its ideal for a family dinner, special occasion and great for impressing friends.
- To make the cocoa bean puree, cook the cocoa bean with chicken stock rosemary and butter for 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Then blitz the cocoa bean.
- Keep 30g cocoa bean add chopped chorizo and tea spoon butter and then link by reduction. Put the emulsion on top of the pure.
- To make the chorizo crust, blitz the chorizo with the breadcrumbs and melted butter, then spread the mixture between 2 baking parchments.
- Boil baby potatoes, then crush with butter and salt.
- Pan fry the Hake with the skin facing downwards. Half cook the fish, then add chorizo crust.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- To make the pesto, using a blender, mix the basil, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts.
- Spread cocoa bean puree around the plate, and add the crushed baby potato to centre of the plate, followed by a drizzle of the basil pesto.
- Place the hake on top of the crushed baby potatoes with chorizo facing upwards.
- Serve and enjoy this delicious and unique dish.
Secret tip: Cook the fish to perfection at 50 degrees.