Breakfast recipe: Scrambled ‘egg’ on toast
A delicious start to the day, great with veganized full English breakfasts or in breakfast burritos! The possibilities are endless.
• 10 oz (285g) plain tofu (found in supermarkets as well as health and Asian food stores)
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 1 tsp herbs (chives or parsley)
• salt and pepper to season
• wholemeal toast spread with margarine
1. Mash the tofu evenly and fry it in the vegetable oil until evenly cooked.
2. Add the turmeric, herbs and season to taste. Cook a further few minutes. Serve on crispy wholemeal toast spread with margarine.
You can also add fried mushrooms, sweet or hot peppers, onions, garlic… anything you like to vary the recipe.