- 150 g whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 25 g coconut sugar (or another granulated sugar)
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180 ml unflavored soy or almond milk
- 50 ml coconut oil (liquid state)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the almond glaze:
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp unflavored soy or almond milk
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 40 g finely chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 175C. Lightly oil a 6 cavity doughnut pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, matcha, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup, stir together the milk, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until fully mixed and a thick batter forms.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into the doughnut cavities. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the doughnuts cool, stir the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl, adding a bit more milk if the mixture needs thinning, or a bit more powdered sugar if it needs thickening.
- When the doughnuts are cool, remove them from the pan and dip the top of each one into the glaze, then sprinkle with almonds. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest until the glaze sets.
- Serve & enjoy
Cooking Time: 22 minutes
For this recipe and many more vegan & vegetarian alike you can visit oh my veggies here.